It is crazy to think that hubs and I celebrated our one year wedding anniversary last week. It feels like just yesterday we were planning our big day, making lists, designing outfits and finalizing vendors. Every time I get asked, “How’s married life treating you?” I always respond with “It’s like a sleepover every night!” and it really is. We’ve been having so much fun, but let’s be honest, marriage is a learning experience. Now I’m no expert, but here are 5 things I’ve learned in my first year of marriage:
- Divide and conquer. It’s not fair for one person to do the dishes, laundry, and cleaning. Dividing up the chores is the first thing we did when we moved in together and it has really worked for us.
- You fell in love with your significant other for a reason. So sometimes, it’s okay to look the other way when he misses the laundry hamper by a few feet.
- Make the bed every morning. There is just something relaxing about getting into a crisp bed after a long day of work. It literally takes 3 minutes. The golden rule is, whoever gets out of bed last has to make it.
- Take time for yourself. When we first got married we wanted to spend every second together, and it was amazing, but we quickly realized thats it’s okay to have “me time”. We ended up valuing one another more because we actually had time to miss each other.
- Never stop dating. Life can get busy but it is so important to take time for just the two of you. Trust me you’ll never meet anyone who loves pjs more than me, but once a month, put on a cute dress and try out a trendy restaurant with your beau.
SHOP THIS POST