I’ve now lived in Atlanta longer than I have anywhere else, and it’s where I call home. Even though it took a while, and for years I wouldn’t dare to call it my “hometown”, I’ve learned to like it — wait, actually I absolutely love it.
We moved to Atlanta for my parents business when I was just eight years old, and boy has it changed since then. Atlanta has come a long way from Hotlanta (which by the way if you come here, please don’t use that phrase), and the players playing here. Atlanta is now a city of transplants, the busiest international airport, and now, they’re even calling it the new Hollywood with the amount of movies that are being shot here. There’s something for everyone here, and the city it’s finally getting the spotlight it deserves.
5 REASONS YOU SHOULD TO MOVE TO ATLANTA
- Southern Hospitality is real: People waving on the streets and greeting you with a “good morning” when you’re on your morning walk is something you’re going to have to get used to. Trust me, the “yes ma’am” and “thank you” is actually really refreshing.
- The Food: Altanta’s food scene has been on the forefront for a few years now and if you enjoy good food you’re going to love it. Oh yeah, and it’s not just biscuits and gravy (even though we do serve only the best of it). Not only do we have the bigger chains that you would get in NYC or Chicago, like Halal guys and Shake Shack, but we also have tons of delicious local restaurants that you can only get in The A.
- Our Amazing Stadiums: Now I’m not the biggest sports fan, but I do enjoy a nice drink and a yummy hotdog. The Mercedes Benz Stadium and SunTrust Park should be reason enough to move to the Peach State. Whether you enjoy sports or just the fun that comes with it, Atlanta’s sport venues do not disappoint.
- The Views: Just a couple hours from the city you can be in the North Georgia Mountains sipping a glass of Merlot at your favorite winery. Georgia is so lucky to have to best of both worlds, not only do we have a huge city with a great skyline, but drive just a few hours and you can be in the mountains embracing your inner country girl or even down past Savannah in the summer time living your best life on the beach. No matter what area of Atlanta you live in, there are so many things to do near by that make it worth it.
- Cost of living: Thankfully, Atlanta is a relatively affordable place to live. The cost of living as a whole is 2% lower than the national average. If you’re looking to move to a big city without the big price tag (like New York City or Miami) then Atlanta is the perfect fit for you.
So, now that I’ve convinced you that there is so much more to A-town than you could’ve ever imagined, I’m sure you’re thinking now what?
If you’re considering moving to Atlanta, there isn’t anyone better to make your move smooth besides Atlanta Peach Movers. They are Atlanta’s #1 moving company for a reason. Not only will they move your belongings safely, but if you’re on a busy schedule or don’t want to bother with packing, they’ll do it for you!
Sometimes, not all your belongings can move with you, don’t fret– they’ll even store your stuff in their 110,000 sq. foot storage facility if you need them to! Call for free quote, trust me, you don’t want to wait any longer to move to the best southern city there is!