1. Sign up for a cooking class. It’s a great way to spend time together and a fun way to learn new skills and recipes.
2. Make your own chocolate fondue. Sometimes it’s so cold you don’t even want to go outside for dessert, so don’t. Heat up some chocolate in your own house and start dipping away.
3. Go ice skating together. Find out when open skate is and hit the ice with your partner. Hold hands and laugh at (and with) each other as you almost fall over a couple times. Don’t worry about being the best, just have fun with it.
4. Visit a local winery. Look up where the nearest winery is to you and make a day out of it. If you’re in the Atlanta area we absolutely love Yonah Mountain Winery— It’s up in the North Georgia Mountains and the view from the winery is incredible.
5. Go on a winter hike. Hiking in the cold is tough but the views are gorgeous and so different than hikes in the summer. You don’t have to make it all the way to the end of the trail, but go a little way to check out the scenery.
6. Make s’mores at home. If you don’t have a fire place, the stove top works just fine too! Grab your stick and roast the marshmallows over the flame. This is one of our favorites!
7. Plan your next few months. Sit down together and look at your calendars. Talk about what you’d like to do and look up airfare, concerts, local events to start planning what’s coming up together.
8. Have a major closet clear out and donate to people in need. One persons trash is another persons treasure. January is the perfect time for a major clear out.
9. Catch a play. There are so many holiday plays in the winter, it could be a great way to support your local theater and do something totally different than what you usually do.
10. Make a vision board. The new year is the perfect time for New Years resolutions. I think making goals as a couple is just as important as making individual resolutions. Head to the craft store and put together a one year vision board. Where do you see you both at this time next year? Hang it up where you can see it everyday– you’ll be surprised how much of it will actually come through.